published on 1 September 2017 @ 1:41 pm · COMMENT
Saskatchewan’s Facilitative Immigration Program (No Job Offer/Employment Required)
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program Announces Updated List of Eligible Occupations for the International Skilled Worker – Occupations In-Demand sub-category
The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) announced the new list of eligible occupations under the Occupations In-Demand program stream.
This program is unique in that unlike many Provincial Nominee Programs, the applicant is not required to have a job offer in the province in order to qualify. In addition, English proficiency can be moderate (a high English proficiency is not required).
The program is designed to attract highly skilled workers in occupations deemed in-demand by the province. Interested applicants are encouraged to being preparing an application in advance of the program re-opening later this year because the quota fills quickly.
The following occupations are eligible for the immigration program:
In order to qualify for this program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
· Score a minimum of 60 points out of 100 on the SINP assessment grid. This grid assigns points for education and training, skilled work experience, language ability, age, and connections to Saskatchewan;
· Have a minimum language score of at least Canadian Language Benchmark 4
· Have completed a post-secondary education, training or apprenticeship diploma, certificate or degree of at least one year in length;
· Have at least one year of work experience in the past ten years in an occupation deemed in-demand in Saskatchewan, and in the field of education or training occupation;
· Demonstrate settlement funds and a settlement plan
· If your occupation is regulated in Saskatchewan, you must show proof of professional status or licensure
For further information, contact Jacqueline Bart or Clara Morrissey at BartLAW Canadian Immigration, Barristers and Solicitors.