BARTLAW LLP Canadian Immigration, Barristers and Solicitors is a leading Canadian immigration boutique firm. We provide expert legal services in all areas of Canadian immigration and citizenship law. Our culture is focused on excellent client legal service, exceptional client care, legal expertise and detailed research.
We offer a generous salary and benefits package, a cooperative and warm environment, high end clientele, a truly bespoke practice in a down-to-earth immigration firm in the center of the Toronto financial district with a group of brilliant, successful, caring and impressive lawyers and assistants. Our office is housed in a confederation era building with mahogany paneling and old world glamour. We offer a top tier boutique environment for our team and our clients.
You are a law clerk with at least two years’ immigration law experience and extensive knowledge of either work permits or express entry or both. You have a strong understanding of the administrative aspects of Canadian immigration law and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment. You are extremely attentive to detail and possess superior communication skills, both verbal and written and a motivated self-starter with a sense of urgency and excellent client management skills. You care about client satisfaction, efficiency and upholding the values of the firm.
About the Job
- Assist our lawyers on complex work permit, visa and/or express entry immigration applications for review by office lawyers;
- Client and inter-office communications;
- Communications with IRCC, CBSA and Visa Offices;
- Client and file management;
- Exceptional writing and verbal skills;
- Resourcefulness, meticulous attention to detail and efficient;
- Exceptional research skills;
- Knowledge of visas, work permits, admissibility issues and IRCC web site;
- Knowledge of PCLaw an asset;
- Other administrative work may be assigned such as covering reception or other law firm clerk work.
- Extensive experience in corporate immigration (work permits);
- Minimum of two years’ full time Canadian work permit/immigration law firm experience (as opposed to experience in a Canadian consulting firm/non-law firm immigration corporation),
- A baccalaureate university degree,
- Great client care and efficient and results orientated legal work
- Enjoys helping clients
- Ability to work independently
- Extensive experience as an immigration law clerk preferred
- Fluency in French an asset
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Bonus scheme
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Company events & social hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent