BARTLAW LLP Canadian Immigration, Barristers and Solicitors is a leading Canadian immigration boutique firm. We provide expert legal services in all areas of Canadian immigration and citizenship law. Our culture is focused on excellent client legal service, exceptional client care, legal expertise and detailed research.
We offer a generous salary, pension and benefits package, a cooperative and warm environment, high end clientele, a truly bespoke practice in a down-to-earth immigration firm in the center of the Toronto financial district with a group of brilliant, successful, caring and impressive lawyers and assistants. Our office is housed in a confederation era building with mahogany paneling and old world glamour. We offer a top tier boutique environment for our team and our clients.
You are an immigration assistant/clerk with at least two years’ immigration law experience. You have an understanding of the administrative aspects of Canadian immigration law and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment. You are extremely attentive to detail and possess superior communication skills, both verbal and written and a motivated self-starter with a sense of urgency and excellent client management skills. You care about client satisfaction, efficiency and upholding the values of the firm.
About the Job
- Answer phones and assist clients by booking/scheduling consultations;
- Coordinate consultations with clients, including obtaining the relevant documentation, receiving payment, scheduling and follow up;
- Assisting managing partner with schedule and travel;
- Order office supplies, liaise with vendors and assist with office administration;
- Client and inter-office communications;
- Accounting/billings for managing partner;
- Opening and closing files and basic file management;
- Exceptional writing and verbal skills;
- Resourcefulness, meticulous attention to detail and efficiency;
- Some knowledge of visas, work permits, admissibility issues is an asset;
- Knowledge of PCLaw an asset;
- candidate will be required to sit in our reception area full time;
- Other administrative work may be assigned such as assisting managing partner, booking travel or other law firm assistant work.
- A minimum of two years’ full time immigration law firm experience
- University degree (preferred),
- Welcoming and caring disposition
- Enjoys helping clients
- Ability to work independently
- Experience as an immigration receptionist or assistant an asset
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Bonus scheme
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Company events & social hours
Salary: $45,000 to $55,000 per year depending on education and experience